Saturday, June 25, 2005

School as Day Job

When I asked for good recommendations for this session Tim Freeman linked to Paul Graham's talk What you'll whished you'd known. I think it is excellent. Read it. The thing that stuck in my mind was treat School as Day Job:

If I had to go through high school again, I'd treat it like a day job. I
don't mean that I'd slack in school. Working at something as a day job doesn't
mean doing it badly. It means not being defined by it. I mean I wouldn't think
of myself as a high school student, just as a musician with a day job as a
waiter doesn't think of himself as a waiter. [3] And when I wasn't working at my
day job I'd start trying to do real work.

Do the necessary things to be good in school and focus the rest of the time on what you really want to do. It's a great mind set.

1 Comments:

Blogger Mark Finnern said...

It's about your mind set. How important is school for you and your life. Well, very it is the entry key to a better life, but if you have good grades covered, you can focus the rest of your time what you want to do with the rest of your life.

Saturday, July 02, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home